Sackets Harbor -- From oil painting to sculpture, water color to carved mushrooms, the Arts Association of Northern New York is featuring many of these works in their 12th annual show.
The Arts Association of Northern New York (AANNY), located in the Sackets Harbor Arts Center, is a nonprofit, member supported organization designed to promote the development of art in all forms.
In keeping with their mission, the AANNY has featured works from Northern New Yorkers to even residents in New Hampshire. The show will be open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m.
Donna Repaty, a member of AANNY, says that she is always blown away at the submissions from our Northern New York residents.
“We had a lot of new artists entering the show this year, which was very exciting,” said Repaty. She continued that they received many children’s submissions this year as well, which is always a great feature.
First, second and third prizes were awarded in each different media including:
- Adult Division: Best of Show, Stephanie E. Arney of Watertown
- Outstanding Watercolor: Marcia Harris, Salem New Hampshire
- Best Portrait: Cindy Eisenhauer, Brownville
- Best Pastel: Diane E. Knight, Glenwood
- Best Decorative Art: Cindy Eisenhauer, Brownville
- Mixed Media/Digital Art: Stephanie E. Arney of Watertown
- Best Drawing: Stephanie E. Arney of Watertown
- Best Photograph: Robert J. Stojetz, Concord Twp. Ohio
- Best Sculpture: Eugenia Mancini Horan, North Syracuse
- Best Oil or Acrylic: Jerry S. Merril, Rodman
Most of the works displayed in the 12th annual show are available for purchase. For more information about AANNY or membership options, CLICK HERE.
To learn more and view works featured in the 12th annual show, watch the complete video story.