Discarded cigarette starts a fire in Watertown apartment building
Watertown (Nathan Lehman WTNY) -- No injuries were reported following a Sunday fire at a Watertown duplex.
Fire crews were dispatched to 221 Central St. in the city at around 12:30 pm yesterday afternoon. Initial reports stated the fire began in the back porch area, but then quickly spread to the building itself. The fire was contained to the back section, but the entire building suffered smoke and water damage. The apartments in the duplex were deemed temporarily uninhabitable and the Red Cross was called in to assist the displaced residents.
A discarded cigarette is believed to have sparked the fire.
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.