Adams -- Adams Mayor Patricia Sweetland and Adams Town Supervisor have issued a Drought Watch effective immediately for the village.
The drought watch could be changed to "Warning" or "Emergency" at any time.
Village residents are asked to voluntarily conserve water by:
- Restricting water use for lawns or gardens (filling or cleaning pools,washing paved surfaces
- Avoid washing cars or trucks
- Repair dripping or leaking faucets, toilets and shower heads
- Keep drinking water in the refrigerator (refrain from running tap water to make it cold)
- Run only full loads of dishes and laundry
- Shorten shower times
- Do not open fire hydrants
The Drought Watch in Adams will be in effect until further notice.