Fire tempoarily closes Dick's Sporting Goods in the Salmon Run Mall
Watertown (Nathan Lehman WTNY) -- An anchor store at the Salmon Run Mall in Watertown was shut down for a portion of the weekend following a fire.
The blaze occurred Saturday morning at Dick's Sporting Goods. Officials say the fire began at around 4:30 am when a light fixture overheated, causing plastic to drip into a clothing rack below. That caused the clothes to catch fire. The sprinkler system was activated, giving a big help to firefighters before they arrived to the scene.
The store was closed all day Saturday, but reopened Sunday afternoon.
No other business in the mall was damaged.
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.