Gouverneur housefire leaves 2 homeless
Gouverneur (WWTI) -- A Sunday afternoon house fire on the Country Club Road in Gouverneur has left a St. Lawrence County Couple homeless.
The home was owned by Jay Breset and Officials say the fire started when Kisako Breset was cooking with oil when the oil ignited.
Firefighters had a difficult time extinguishing the blaze due to the home's unique construction and multiple layers of roofing material.
2 people were injured during the fire, Kisako Breset suffered a burn to her right forearm and was transported to EJ Noble Hospital, also a firefighter was treated at the scene for a cut to the face.
Copyright 2012 Newport Television LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.