Northern New York is rich with agricultural history, dating back generations.
The Northern New York Agricultural Society is working to raise money through their annual auction and donations, to allow for the continuation of the society and museum. With the dip in the economy, admission to the museum has dropped.
Currently, there is one full time staff member and a part time employee. Area farmers and society members have joined together and collected many items for auction with the hopes to keep funding up.
On Saturday, May 19th starting at 10 a.m. the Annual Consignment Auction will beheld at the NNY Agricultural Society Museum,located at 30950 NYS Route180 in Stone Mills.
The museum will benefit from 15% of the money raised while the other 85% goes to the donor.
Members of the NNY Agricultural Society donate many hours to allow for the continuation of the museum and services. The society would like to see the employee base grow, but Bob Laisdell, auction chairman, says without funding they are going to have to turn to a 100% volunteer operation.
To learn more about the annual auction and to hear from Bob Laisdell, watch the complete video story.