Overnight fire extensively damages Lowville home
Lowville (WTNY) -- A home in the Village of Lowville was extensively damaged following a fire last night.
Fire crews were dispatched to the Herbert and Deborah Yancey home on Shady Ave last night just after 10 pm. Fire officials say the blaze began in the second floor ceiling near the chimney and spread into the attic area. Both the second floor and attic sustained extensive damage with moderate damage to the home's contents.
One firefighter was hospitalized after falling down a flight of stairs.
An improper floor receiver and a chimney are being blamed for the fire.
Copyright 2013 myabc50.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.